Why I am having trouble using the FXNOW or Nat Geo TV app on my Samsung device?
If you’re having trouble using FXNOW or Nat Geo TV on your Samsung Smart TV or Blu-Ray player (app crashing, videos not loading, etc.), we’d first like to make sure that there isn’t an issue with your internet connection. If there are other applications you use with your Samsung device, test them out. If the issue is exclusive to the app, try unplugging your Samsung device, modem and router for at least 30 seconds. Plug them all back in and see if you’re having the same issues.
We’d also recommend performing a speed test of your connection. On a computer connected to the same network, please visit ( www.speedtest.net ). and click on the green button that says Begin Test. Once the test is complete, you will see results for ping, download speed and upload speed. We recommend a minimum download speed of at least 1.0 megabits per second (Mbps) while using our apps.
We’d also like to make sure the SmartHub on your Samsung is fully up to date. To check, please go through the following steps:
- Open the Samsung Settings Menu
- Find and select the "Support" option
- Scroll down to and select "Software Update"
- If there is a "by USB" or "Online" option presented, select "Online"
- Follow the onscreen directions, and select "Update Now"
*These steps may vary slightly, depending on the model of your Samsung device.
For any further questions regarding the FXNOW app, please contact us using the FX customer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include the following information:
- The episode were you watching when you encountered this error.
- Your internet provider/cell carrier.
- The model router/modem used.
- The model number of your Samsung device
- Your current location; city/state.
- The time of day this issue occurred.
- Length of time issue has persisted.
*Please note that our apps may not be included in older versions of the Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray. If your Samsung device was purchased in 2012 or earlier, it is likely the app will not be available.