How to do I enable or disable closed captions?
Each device has their own method of enabling and disabling closed captions. For example, on the web, there is an icon for CC at the top of the video player while videos are playing. Android has a similar menu during playback as well. On most versions of the FOX NOW, FXNOW and Nat Geo TV apps on devices connected to your TV, you can select Video Options, from which you can enable or disable closed captions.
On an iOS device, please go through the following steps:
Go to device Settings --> Accessibility --> Subtitles & Captioning --> Closed Captions & SDH - turn the switch to ON or OFF
*If you're streaming using the Safari browser, closed captions can be customized. For more information, visit ( http://fox.tv/safari-captions ).
Do all videos have closed captions?
All full episodes feature closed captions across all devices. For short clips, minisodes, or featurettes, closed captions are not necessarily available.
How do I report closed captions issues?
You can report a closed captions issue by providing the information below and using this form: http://fox.tv/1O46Uvt. You can also email us.
- Describe the issue in more detail.
- The TV series, show season and show episode affected.
- The device you are using (computer, iPad, Xbox, etc.).
- Your internet service provider.
Do you offer descriptive audio for the visually impaired online?
Descriptive audio is available for our broadcast TV shows, but it is currently not available on our online streaming platforms.
What do I do if I'm having closed captions issues on broadcast TV?
If you're having an issue with closed captions on your broadcast, you can contact us at http://fox.tv/broadcast-form, or submit a written complaint to:
Director, Affiliate Engineering
Fox Networks Engineering & Operations
12181 W. Bluff Creek Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90094
Closed captioning for Fox
Please provide a clear description of your concern and a way to get in contact with you, including:
- Name of the program;
- Type of issue (e.g., garbling, captions cut off at certain times or on certain days, captions missing on certain episode of the programming);
- Website or application where you viewed the programming;
- Approximate time and date that the issue occurred; and
- Your name and contact information including, mailing address, email and phone number