How do I get the FOX NOW app?
To get started, you can download the FOX NOW, FXNOW or Nat Geo TV app from the Google Play store. If you’re on your device right now, you can also visit the following links:
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can start enjoying unlocked content right away. If you have a participating cable or satellite TV provider, you can log in with your TV provider account to unlock additional episodes.
How do I resolve streaming issues on the FOX NOW, FXNOW, or Nat Geo TV app for my mobile/tablet device?
If you’re having trouble using the app on your Android (app crashing, videos not loading, etc.), we’d first like to make sure that there isn’t an issue with your internet connection. If there are other applications you use with your Android, test them out. If the issue is exclusive to one of our apps, the first step would be to gather information about your internet connection.
Please visit (http://speedof.me) on your web browser and click the "Start Test" button. We recommend a download speed of at least 1.0 megabits per second (mbps) for a consistent stream with our apps.
If your speed is above our recommendation, first make sure your Android software is fully up to date. If so, please power down your phone for about 30 seconds, then power it back on and try streaming with the app once again.
If the above doesn't solve your issues, uninstall and reinstall the app. Go to Settings > Apps > FOX NOW (or FXNOW or Nat Geo TV) and select uninstall. Once you've uninstalled the app, visit the Google Play Store and download the app once again. Lastly, go to Settings > Date and Time on your device to make sure it is automatically set.
How do I resolve streaming issues on the FOX NOW, or FXNOW app for Android TV?
Our Android TV has the same features as the Android app on a smart phone or tablet. The same troubleshooting steps should apply. However, if you are trying to sign in with your TV provider to unlock an episode, you should see an activation code appear on the screen. Please visit one of the following sites:
FOX NOW: http://www.foxnow.com/activate,
From there, enter the activation code that appears on the screen when you log in. For more information, check out our authentication help page.
*The Nat Geo TV app is not available for Android TV at this time.
Please be sure to include the following information:
- The episode were you watching when you encountered this error.
- Your connection type; wi-fi network or your cell phone carrier.
- Your internet provider/cell carrier.
- Your Android model. From the main menu, go to Settings > About phone/tablet, and provide the model number and serial number.
- Android version. From the main menu, go to Settings > About Phone/Tablet > Software Information, and provide the Android version number.
- Your current location; city/state.
- The time of day this issue occurred.
- Length of time issue has persisted.
Is there a fix for common problems with FOXNOW, FXNOW, or Nat Geo TV on Android devices?
Many common problems with our app on Android can be fixed by clearing the app's Cache and Data. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Apps > FOX NOW (or FXNOW or Nat Geo TV)
- Hit the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons
- Note, on Marshmallow, you should go to Settings > Apps > FOX NOW (or FXNOW or Nat Geo TV) > Storage and then hit the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons).