If you receive the “User Not Authorized” message when trying to connect your participating TV provider account, there could be a few things going on:
- The company package you’re logging in with does not include a TV package (for instance, an AT&T account that provides access to internet, but not cable television).
- Your TV provider has misconfigured your account or there is a system outage that prevents checking your streaming content rights.
- You have entered the incorrect login information.
- Parental controls settings are restricting your account. Please check with your TV provider for reset instructions.
- There was an interruption in your internet connection while trying to log in.
- Your TV package includes FX, but not FXX or FXM, and you are attempting to watch FXX or FXM content.
- Your TV package includes National Geographic channel, but not Nat Geo Wild, and you are attempting to watch Nat Geo Wild content.
If you think those issues do not apply, you can try to troubleshoot the individual device where you encountered this error message.
- If you’re on the web or trying to activate the app for a device connected to your television, you can clear your browser cache or power cycle your device (unplug it from the power source, as well as the router/modem you use to connect to the internet, then plug back in).
- If you’re on a mobile device, you can try deleting and reinstalling the app, as well as restarting your device.
- On an Android device, you can also try clearing the app's data.
For any further TV provider log in questions on FXNetworks.com, SimpsonsWorld.com or FXNOW, please contact us using the FX customer service form http://fox.tv/fxnow-support or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any further TV provider log in questions on NationalGeographic.com or the Nat Geo TV app, please contact us using the National Geographic customer service form http://fox.tv/natgeo or email us at NatGeoCS@Fox.com.